Saint Anthony Industries designed the Model S in the tradition of the Statesman Tamper, but with less weight for those that prefer a lighter tamper.
The Model S is a beautiful, quality handmade tamper carved out of American walnut. Constructed out of alternating layers of hardwood for superb strength, it features a 304 stainless steel, ultra precise 58.3mm base with a perfectly sharp edge to accomplish optimum extractions.
And if you happen to drop your tamp or ding your base? No worries. The base is designed for easy replacement with screw on & off functionality and you can purchase a hand polished replacement base separately.
- 58.3 mm base
- Handcrafted in the USA
- Handle crafted from natural walnut wood
- Size customizable, on request
- Custom engraving available on request
- Grip the tamper comfortably, with the handle sitting in the hollow of your palm (as you would grab a door knob) and the shaft of the tamper handle aligned as an extension of your forearm. There’s no need to grip the tamper very tight. Hold it loosely and comfortably, keeping your wrist neutral.
- Rest the portafilter level on the counter (preferably on a tamping mat so as to not damage the portafilter or the surface). Keeping the tamper level, slowly lower it onto the bed of coffee and press the tamper into the table just until you feel the table pressing back at you. That’s it! There’s no need for a twist of the tamper or for a second tamp. Also, don’t worry if you are pressing hard enough or not. It is better to press consistently and level than to press as hard as you can.
st. st antony anton anthon tamper america american redesign 2.0 light lightweight light-weight weight weigh