Porlex Tall Grinder
The Hario Slims and Skertons are great grinders, but if they are the Toyota of hand grinders, then the Porlex grinders are the Infinitis. And the latest updates take the Porlex to the next level! The Porlex grinders have now been updated with:
- A new patented design of connector that prevents any slippage from the handle and no wear.
- A perfectly circular outer burr which produces a more consistent grind throughout the entire range of grind.
- New Japanese/English premium packaging and English/French/Japanese instructions.
- Laser etched burrs to show that only premium Porlex burrs are used in the grinder.
- Made entirely in Japan, Porlex even uses Japanese clay to make the ceramic burrs!
This grinder has ceramic burrs and a stainless steel housing, which not only makes it easy to clean, but more resilient than glass versions, and produces less static than plastic versions. The conical ceramic burrs don't rust, are easy to clean and stay sharper for much longer than steel burrs. The Porlex Tall has double the capacity of the Porlex Mini, so you can grind enough for you and your friend. From our testing, it copes well with everything you can throw at it - from Turkish to French Press grind setting - and thanks to a easily accessible locking nut, is really easy to adjust. But the thing that really sets this apart from other hand grinders is the speed and ease of grind. This is down to a couple of features: a long steel handle that connects solidly to the grinder and the ability to hold the grinder steadily in one hand while turning the handle with the other. Have an AeroPress and like to have fresh ground, amazing coffee when you travel? This lovely little industrial looking grinder fits perfectly inside the AeroPress tube.