Coffee Kids! 3% of the purchase price of every AeroPress goes to supporting the work of Coffee Kids, a non-profit organization focused on empowering the up-and-coming generation of coffee farmers.
If you are of similar maturity to us, you may have fond memories of the Aerobie flying disc that was vastly superior to Frisbees and would fly through the skies seemingly defying the laws of physics. If you don’t remember this, you really missed out.
Well, the inventor of the original Aerobie Flying Ring is apparently not just a one trick pony as, who’d of thought it, he somehow went and created the AeroPress - a new way to brew coffee! And even more amazing is the fact that it is a really great brew method - it has even given birth to the World AeroPress Championship and has been adopted by the specialty coffee community!
And rightly so.
As the AeroPress (or “big coffee syringe” as one of our customers calls it) is an exceptionally forgiving and consistent way of making great coffee and is particularly useful for travelling and/or workplace java breaks.
It is effectively a big BPA free plastic syringe with a filter at the end instead of a needle and it makes around 250ml (8oz) of coffee per serving. You can also make a stronger coffee solution and dilute if you so desire but, whichever way you choose, it takes less than a couple of minutes to make a delicious cup of coffee and is really easy to clean.
The AeroPress comes bundled with everything that you need (apart from the coffee and a grinder) to get started:
- 350 filters
- Filter holder
- Coffee funnel (We also use it as a stand)
- BPA Free, BPS Free, Phthalate Free
- Made from Polypropylene and medical grade thermoplastic elastomer (styrene-ethylene-butadiene-styrene)
- 1 year manufacturer warranty on material and workmanship defects
So how do you use it? Simple. Firstly, open the box, remove the instructions and throw them away. Then...
- Put your freshly ground and weighed out coffee into the inverted (with the filter end pointing upwards) AeroPress. As a guide, start with 15-16g for 250ml of water and adjust to taste.
- Put the filter into the filter holder and wash though with hot water to get rid of any nasty paper taste
- Pour just off the boil water over the coffee, filling the AeroPress nearly to the top
- Stir a prescribed amount of times (we use three) and top off with water
- Attach the filter holder and secure (before the end of the brew time)
- Leave to brew for your preferred brew strength (our preference is about a minute from when the water makes contact)
- Turn over onto the top of your favourite sturdy mug and push down the plunge until the AeroPress is empty, and you hear a slight hissing sound
We admit, these are pretty rough instructions, but you can click your way over to our friends at brewmethods.com and you will be rewarded with a range methods for various brewing equipment.
A fantastic coffee brewer that's easy to take on the road or to work to brew an excellent cup of coffee.
This is the perfect coffee maker for the adventurer, home dweller, or general always on the go person. Brewing coffee can take as little as sixty seconds and creates a rich flavorful cup of coffee. Perfect for travelling as it cleans super easy and is ultra portable. 100% my favorite way of brewing coffee.
My new favorite way to make coffee while camping, super simple to keep clean and brew while in the wilderness.
Highly recommend watching some videos from the creator of this product, has some great brewing tips.
I read once that the inventor of the Aeropress re-uses his paper filters. He just rinses them and lets them dry. He uses them over a dozen times. When I purchased my Aeropress, I got a few extra hundred filters. Little did I realize that I'd purchased a lifetime supply. Recently, I've been getting lazy and composting the filters with the grounds. Still, useful to know if you're running low on filters. You can also just cut a circle out of a regular no4 filter to fit the Aeropress.
Overall, It's an awesome machine, I'm thinking about getting a second one for the office.
Such a fantastic and low priced product. We much prefer the taste of a nice Aeropress over almost any method of making a cup. It’s quick, clean, efficient, and cheap!