This fine bright green powder offers, when whisked, a gastronomic character with notes of cocoa and almond milk.
On the palate it is soft and creamy backed by accents of green vegetables and chlorophyll.
Dense, and with a slight and supportive astringency, this sleek matcha is sure to please!
Quantity 1 tsp / 65 ml
To prepare a good Matcha, just follow a few simple, but precise, steps.
- Ideally, remove the Matcha from the fridge and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes before use (Ideal but not essential).
- Sift the measure of Matcha you need through a sieve for a creamier mousse and to prevent lumps.
- Warm your chawan (bowl) with hot water, empty and wipe it dry. Add 1 tsp, or two chashaku (Matcha spoons) of sifted Matcha into the bowl.
- Rinse the chasen (bamboo whisk) with hot water to loosen the strands.
- Trickle 65ml of water (75°C) onto the tea
- Whisk with energy with a chasen (bamboo whisk). Start beneath the surface. As a mousse starts to form, gradually raise your whisking towards the central surface. With practice you will produce more foam each time.