In Japanese cuisine, fermented pickles are served with most meals. The probiotics in fermented vegetables not only help with digestion, but also add helpful good bacteria to your gut.
This is an authentic Japanese Pickle Maker, or Tsukemono Press. To make delicious Japanese pickles quickly, simply lightly salt your thinly sliced vegetables (we recommend starting with cabbage or cucumber), and place them in the pickle press, with the heavy weight down and the lid on. Put in the fridge for a day or two, and you're ready to go!
You can also experiment with other fermentations such as leaving your pickles on the counter for a few days instead of the fridge, or adding spices or rice wine vinegar. The possibilities are endless!
- Capacity: 500ml
- Height: 9.8cm
- Width: 11.0cm
- Heatproof Glass Made in Japan
- Microwave Safe
- Dishwasher Safe
- Polypropylene Lid Made in Korea
- Start with Cabbage or Cucumbers
- Wash Your Vegetables!
- Slice and Chop Your Vegetables
- Finely Sliced Vegetables Will Ferment More Quickly
- Season With Salt to Taste
- Experiment with Other Spices and Vegetables
- Try Adding Garlic, Onion, Radish or Carrots. Be Creative!
- Pack the Vegetables Tightly, Place the Weight, and Put on the Lid
- Place Jar in Fridge or on Counter and Check in a Few Days
- Enjoy Your Freshly Fermented Vegetables as a Snack or a Side!